The call for proposals for the community-based projects component of the 2017-2018 New Horizons for Seniors Program is open until June 23, 2017.
The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) supports projects that are led or proposed by seniors. It is designed to help seniors improve the quality of life in their communities by participating in social activities and leading active lives. Eligible applicants may receive up to $25,000 in the form of a grant. Projects must address one or more of the program’s five objectives.
Filling out your funding application
To complete your application:
- Use the Standard Grant Application for Funding form.
- Refer to the Applicant Guide for instructions on how to fill out the form and the information to be provided.
Note: please make sure you have filled all sections of the form and provided all the documents required for the assessment of your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- New Horizons for Seniors Program: Funding for Community-Based Projects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqjWLxi7og8&feature=youtu.be
- Recorded presentation of the application process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnbhPuhiko&feature=youtu.be
- Tip Sheets for Community-based Funding
Submitting your funding application
You must send all required documents by June 23, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
By mail In person
Service Canada Click here to find a Service Canada office
New Horizons for Seniors Program
Government of Canada
100-6712 Fisher Street, SE
Fisher Park II, First Floor
Calgary, Alberta T2H 2A7
Should you have questions or require assistance with the application process, contact the New Horizons for Seniors Program by email or telephone: